domingo, 14 de septiembre de 2008

In Memoriam (Alfred Lord Tennyson)

L

Be near me when my light is low,
When the blood creeps, and the nerves prick
And tingle; and the heart is sick,
And all the wheels of Being slow.

Be near me when the sensuous frame
Is rack'd with pangs that conquer trust;
And Time, a maniac scattering dust,
And Life, a Fury slinging flame.

Be near me when my faith is dry,
And men the flies of latter spring,
That lay their eggs, and sting and sing
And weave their petty cells and die.

Be near me when I fade away,
To point the term of human strife,
And on the low dark verge of life
The twilight of eternal day.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

¡Gracias por compartir! Les pido que como muestra de cortesía hacia otros lectores, se abstengan de hacer comentarios ofensivos.
____________________________________________________

Thanks for leaving a comment. As a courtesy to other readers I ask that you please refrain from posting offending comments.